Sunday, June 13, 2010

White Butterflies

August and I have had several visits by a white butterfly while playing in our back yard this summer. Everytime that we see one, I can't help but think of what the white butterfly symbolizes for us mothers whom have lost a baby. There are so many meanings, so many interpretatons, but if you strip all that down, it is simply another reminder of our Baby Sterling.



So whenever a white butterfly takes the time to fly around us, we take the time to say "Hi, Baby Sterling" and take a deep breath. In that split second I feel as though I am sharing the same moment with August and with Sterling at the same time. I wish for more of those moments, but will always appreciate those rare occassions that we are blessed with. So precious, so pure, so rare. Exhale.

3 comments:

  1. I never made the connection with butterflies until recently. I don't know if I just notice them more now or if there are really more of them around me. It always makes me wonder. I hope that things are well with you. Think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean. The time we had the wind and leaves swirling around Allie and Jack and I, I just felt like Elizabeth and Samantha were with us, and our whole family was together in a way that no one else would understand, but just like you said, there is a way that just seems to make it possible through these small touches. Like Heaven gets is, and God just gives us this beautiful gift of comfort.

    ReplyDelete