Monday, December 28, 2009

Still Sleeping




Feeling baby kisses, knowing a sweet surprise
Hearing baby laughter, alongside with tearful cries
The sights and sounds of motherhood are surrounding me this year
If only I had some will and hope, instead of anxiety and fear

For unto us a child was born--a child that warms my heart
But now he is gone, and my reserve is weak
My days are long, and my nights are bleak

Strong women around me whose angels are in heaven have the courage to fill this
space
that occupies my arms, my thoughts, my home, my life, my dreams,
your place

Seeing angel mommies blessed with children again leaves me helpless, leaves me sad,
as I can not pretend that-- the time is right, the time is now--to conceive would feel untrue
Tell me, how can I say hello to another when I haven't yet said farewell to you

Time is but a measure between where we were, where we are
and where we're going to
But time is painful, time is real, time is whats left when we are through
going on with the motions of the pieces of life that mine has now become
A mother missing her baby boy, whom longs for her sleeping son.

Missing you baby boy,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment