Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Angels Spirit at Christmas




I am tall, magnificent and oh so strong

I will glow for you throughout the night
A comfort that I long to give
As you cry beneath my might

A symbol of love and peace and faith
that Christmas time is near
I fill the emptiness that you feel
with joy though you cannot cheer


I know this time is hard to bear
and with each new moment comes
A new feeling, a breath, and a new thought
about what is missing from

The way this Holiday is supposed to be
I'm the angel who will always be in your heart
I cannot replace, I cannot return
No present will ever start

To give the gift of comfort today
tomorrow, and the month ahead
As a new year dawns, and dreams are had
I'll catch the tears you shed

I am here for you until you say goodbye
and put me gently aside
But always know that in your heart
that I will always reside

young at heart and sweet in soul
and here for every wish
Just close your eyes and think of me
and let your sadness lift
give me your fear as well as your love
for I can sort it through
I'm in a heavenly place always
and forever I will love you

I am your angel, your light, your peace
for eternity
I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere
anyplace, anytime you need

Just sing our song, or write a poem
and let your words be free
for I can feel you at all times
for your angel I'll always be

Written by Maria, for her Angel Sterling
at Christmas Time 2009



2 comments: